Of course, UG in the mold design, has a large number of application skills, proficiency in these skills, and give top priority to one another, will give you great convenience in the work, especially in complex product parting process, you can detours Reduce blindness.
Unfortunately, these techniques are invisible to UG books because none of the books are written by people in the industry and often see the same examples recurring in different books, copying them out, and spending a lot of Space to talk about some things rarely used in the actual operation, but really did not need.
Therefore, here we talk UG practical skills in the application, mainly the book does not have, I hope you can carefully understand the meaning of which, in order to flexible use. Of course, we look at these things before, should have the basic UG modeling knowledge.
First, the Boolean operation failure problem:
In the UG operation, often encounter Boolean operation can not add, can not afford to lose, as well as cuts, segmentation failure and other issues. Especially in the case of relatively bad surface, parting, take the slider, oblique top often encounter such problems, try to use the following methods:
1. The tool body surface offset or move a little distance to solve. (Offset or move the distance will not affect the accuracy of processing)
2. Use the wireframe to display the target body, tool body, Boolean operation (or cut, split). If it fails, carefully observe the part of the edge will be displayed as red, this is the problem area, the problem area can be separated (That is divided into two parts), and then Boolean operations, and then extract the area of the problem, stitching, processing, and then patch up, this method can solve most Boolean operations failed. (You can also offset the problem a little to solve)
3. Sometimes, the Boolean operation fails, all made of surface, the operating surface, and then stitched into solid. This method can cope with almost all the problems of additions and subtractions, but it is also the most troublesome. It is not recommended in the case of any move.
4. Use solid stitch method to add two objects, first select the common surface, adjust the tolerance to stitch. However, this approach will cause trouble for subsequent operations.
Boolean operation If you generate multiple bodies, you lose the parameters, which is one reason why Split_Solid in MW / moldtools fails.
B. Using slices to cut entities, there is no "border" or "face self-intersection" of the slices within the region of the entity. This can be checked using the Face_FaceIntersections and Sheet_Boundaries options in Analysis / ExamineGeometry.
C. Boolean operations can not have "zero thickness" phenomenon.
D. Boolean operations, you can "face - face, face - entity." These two options make it easy to fill the surface in the split mode.
IIUG pruning broken surface
1. Use the Face_FaceIntersections and Sheet_Boundaries options in the Analysis / ExamineGeometry to determine the number of boundaries, as well as the exact location of the hole break, or the location of the self-intersecting surface. Then use a wireframe display, analyze the boundary line.
the measures taken:
A. Surface Subtraction: Extract the perimeter of the hole, remove the parameters, and then use Boolean operation, surface reduction mode, the hole around the hole removed, and then pick up the surface suture (if necessary, the suture can be tolerance A little adjustment), but also can extract the surface to expand, or trim, then suture. If the Boolean operation fails, the surface around the hole can be extracted, and then boolean operations. Copy after the surface has been extracted, dealing with broken surface. Then suture.
B. cut sheet extraction broken surface or the surrounding surface for backup. Use TrimmedSheet (trimmed body) option, cut the original geometry of the broken surface or the surrounding surface. Reuse the backup surface, edited and then resume up one by one stitched. If the broken surface is a small hole, you can use the "free-form surface features" in the options, manual i-chip body, make up. If there is still a broken hole after suturing, the suture tolerance can be slightly oversized. After making a solid body, it can be trimmed with the functions of "replacement" or "constraint surface". (The body's trim is sometimes much more convenient than the body)
C. The broken surface modified into another color, the rest of the surface color consistent. Then use the MW / moldtool / ExtractFaceRegion option to extract the same color of the surface, open 29 layers, you can see there is no want to delete the surface, so it is easy to repair.
D. Sometimes, IGS charts turned by other software, the surface has been severely deformed, the outline can be used to make face. If the contour line is broken, you can cut off these places, and then dealt with.
E. If a lot of broken surface, all can be drawn into a scattered surface, and then one by one stitching, you can find the problem.
F. There are a lot of STP charts that have been taken from other 3D software and analyzed as entities, but looking closely, there are holes, which is a geometry issue. At this time can be extracted one by one monolithic, and then one by one to solve. Can also be based on the outline of their own hand-made surface, do Patch.
G.UG open the other software output IGS image file, the effect is not very good, in many cases there are pieces of deformation, you can use SolidWorks software to open, and then save as x_t format, enter UG, then you can find the graphics The quality of greatly improved.
H. Occasionally, the suture tolerance may be appropriately increased. Artificially suturing the body to a body and then modifying it in the body will be much easier. Remember, if the body is not easy to modify the body can be made of entities, the entity if not easy to modify, you can first make a body.